Thursday, August 30, 2012

GUTGAA? Gearing Up to Get an Agent


I'm fairly new to the writers' world on the internet. I've been joining forum discussions and searching around for information/support/entertainment on blogs and websites. It's an attempt to connect to the wider world of writing which I want to be part of. So far it's been great. I've learned a lot, met some good people (I assume they're people - hard to know for sure on the internet), and I do feel more connected. WriteOnCon was an awesome online conference that garnered me some agent feedback on my story idea. Here's another event that I recently discovered and am looking forward to: GUTGAA

Deana Barnhart

GUTGAA stands for Gearing Up to Get an Agent. It's a blogfest/contest/event/month-long celebration in September 2012. It's a chance for authors to get together and help each other work towards getting an agent - a significant step on the path towards publication. Deana Barnhart has set this up and while I'm not sure exactly what to expect, it sounds like it will be fun. Lots of great agents so we'll see if I can get more feedback. Every little bit helps.

2 comments:

  1. It is fun! I did it last year and still connect with the friends I made then. Plus it's an excellent way to whip that query into shape. That is, if WriteOnCon didn't do that for you already. :)
    Welcome to GUTGAA! It's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new too - probably a bit newer then you. I am very excited to be participating in this years GUTGAA, I too am in it for the feedback, being new I can take all I can get. :)

    ReplyDelete